Saturday, April 05, 2008

Back to Blogging

The picture on the left is a bit outdated now. That's the computer monitor that quit on me after five years and had to be replaced.

Of course, like TV screens, computer monitors have changed shapes by now: they are long rather than nearly square. That has created a problem for my system.

Apparently, my five-year-old computer isn't equipped for the new kind of display. The new screen looks beautiful, but everything is stretched horizontally. I can live with that for a while, but it looks like a new video card--or a new computer--is in order.

One good outcome of this "tragedy" (if you use your computer as much as I use mine, you'll know why I call it that): when I bought the new monitor, I also bought an external hard drive for backup. I've been living dangerously lately; if the computer itself had failed, I would have lost virtually all of my files. From now on, regular backups are the order of the day.

Anyway, I'm back to blogging, even though I need to finish my income tax immediately and get ready for my coming trip to South Africa and do a lot of other things.

Copyright 2008 by Marlys Marshall Styne

No comments: