Thursday, March 05, 2009

Plumbers and Hot Water: They Just Take Time

A week or so ago, my shower spouted one temperature of water: luke-warm. I complained, and a plumber came in to fix it. I asssumed that all was well, but the next day, I discovered that no water came from that shower at all. I have another shower stall, but that one was filled with pictures awaiting hanging on my walls.

Soon my niece came to visit, so fortunately she did the heavy lifting and we cleaned out the guest shower stall. I'd never tried that shower, but we discovered that it worked fine.

Fast-forward a week: today, three plumbers arrived at my door. After a lot of effort and two visits, they got my shower working again, or at least I hope so. Actually, one shower is enough for me, but I prefer the more convenient one. Besides, I may have a guest again in the future.

I'm beginning to appreciate the complications of getting a large high-rise building up and running.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

plumbing is more than just pipes. It?s the sink you wash your hands in, the bath you relax in and the fixtures that add to the aesthetics of your room. For most people the plumbing system in their home is something which is forgotten about unless it starts giving them problems. Yet most people have their car serviced annually to prevent it letting you down, the same should be done for your plumbing system.