Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More on My Countdown to the Clare

As you regular readers may know, I'm planning to move to a senior retirement community, The Clare at Water Tower, toward the end of the year. Construction appears to be going well, and I'm beginning to get a bit anxious about the move. Fortunately, the staff has made available an array of moving consultants, etc., but the idea of moving (even after just seven years at my current address) is frightening. I'll be writing more about that later. Seven years are enough to assemble quite a collection of "junk."

If anyone is curious about The Clare, you'll find a link to the web site on the right side of this blog. The site may be a bit hard to navigate, so here's how:

1. Click on "Navigation." From there, you can find "Panoramic Views," "Common Levels," and "Virtual Tours," including one of my apartment model, The Kensington.

2. If you want to learn a bit more, check out the video "The Clare--one of America's Best" under "News and Events."

While The Clare is expensive and obviously not for everyone, it seems to be a fascinating idea. I'll keep you posted on how it all works out for me.

http://www.theclareatwatertower.com/
Photo: Artist's conception from the Clare web site

No comments: