Tuesday, January 05, 2010

More on Senior Travel

I've noted a lot of concern about the new air safety rules. On my recent trip to Tulsa (or actually on the way home) I was exposed to a full-body scan for the first time. Actually, it was easier for me than the usual pat-down brought on by my two knee replacements always setting off the alarm.

Privacy? Perhaps younger people feel differently, but I just don't care. My ugly, misshapen body is sure to be ignored once explosives are ruled out, and I'm sure no one will bother to look further. Yes, all these security measures are a bother, but they seem necessary. Safe flights are a high priority for me. Such things wouldn't be necessary if we lived in a perfect world, but that's not the way things are. Let's welcome full-body scans as long as they are needed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this. There's not much dignity in any of the air flight experience these days, and this is one process that has an obvious good reason: safety. I'd rather be scanned than give up flying because of fear.
Pat (Ann Arbor)

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Hi! I'm new to the "blogosphere" and I just wanted you to know I love what you've written! I'm 45 years old, and I'm RIGHT there with you on the whole body-scan thing!

I've just started my own blog and would love any advice you have for me. If you get a chance, check it out: http://AnythingFitsANakedMan.blogspot.com. (it's a phrase my Dad used to say, NOT about naked people!) Anyway, I will continue to enjoy reading your work, cheers!!