Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another Honor for this Blog!

I just discovered that the Story Circle Network featured this blog in its July National e-Letter. Here is the article:

"Marlys' award-winning blog is titled "Never too Late! In the very beginning, she makes her intention plain with a quotation from George Eliot: 'It is never too late to be who you might have been.' In every blog post, Marlys opens up another angle of vision on "never too late." She retired from college teaching in 1999, began serious writing in 2005 (at age 73), and published her first book not long after. Five months ago, she moved to a high-rise retirement community, where she immediately started a resident newsletter (of course!) Marlys continues to write, win recognition for her work, and keep her commitment to the blog world, documenting her progress through the years and giving us all a wonderful lesson in how to age consciously and deliberately. Thanks, Marlys, for your gifts to us!"

Check out Story Circle Network at www.storycircle.org.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am fascinated with your blog and esp. where you are living. I grew up in the Chgo area and always had this fantasy that I would retire in a highrise overlooking lake michigan. Instead, I am living on a mountain ridge in Murphy, NC, a far cry from Chgo. I tell people I was born in Marshall Fields....actually was born at Wesley Hospital. My mother and I went to Marshall Fields every Saturday and hung out in the fabric dept. I will love reading your Never Too Late and living in Chgo vicariously. Barb Haynes

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I think the article is a good statement of your value to us aging folks.
-- Pat (Ann Arbor)