Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Clare at Water Tower: A Winter Update from February 17




I promised regular updates beginning in the spring. No, spring has not come to Chicago yet, but since I was in the neighborhood, I decided to show what was going on at the site on Saturday, February 17. The weather was cold, but bearable. Construction workers were on the job, and the Clare is beginning to look like a real building. There's obviously a long way to go to reach 53 floors. See my earlier post, "Countdown to the Clare," to see what the building is expected to look like eventually.

Cement is being poured (see the middle photo) and the site is a busy place. I was happy to retreat to a warm taxi. These pictures were taken from the corner of Rush and Pearson, looking west and southwest.

Stay tuned for future updates!

Copyright 2007 by Marlys Marshall Styne
Photos by the author.

No comments: